The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Evaluates and treats residents and patients with conditions that are mentally, physically, developmentally, or emotionally disabling to improve their ability to perform tasks of daily living and working environments in compliance with federal guidelines and state practice acts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Under a physician’s orders, screens and evaluates resident/ patient and develops appropriate care plan.
• Assists resident / patients in performing activities of daily living (ADLs) and Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs).Instructs residents, families and caregivers in the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs, splints, and aids for eating and dressing.
• Maintains patient records in an accurate and timely manner.
• Devises special tools and treatments for the specific needs of patients.
• Completes required forms and documents in accordance with company policy and state and/or federal regulations.
• Works in collaboration with the Occupational Therapy Assistant and supervises/oversees that the POC, is being followed.
• Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy.
• Certified or registered by the NCBOT.
• Licensed in Occupational Therapy (if required by state law).
• One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
May supervise COTAs, Rehab Aides, or provisional licensed occupational therapists per state practice guidelines.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENT
Shift work may be required. Employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands or fingers, reach with hands and arms, feel, talk and hear. Employee will occasionally assist to lift and / or transfer patients weighing between 100 to 250 pounds. Employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. In compliance with applicable law, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
Participates in (or conducts) company-sponsored training to safeguard against improper use and disclosure of resident’s protected health information. Monitors and ensures compliance with company policies, procedures and state and federal law. Agrees to adhere to and oversee communication of privacy guidelines relative to the confidentiality of residents' protected health information.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or are assisting someone with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply, please ****.
Licenses & Certifications
See job description
Licenses & Certifications
Required Occupational Therapist
See job description >
Want to be a sponsor?