Occupational Therapist - Full Time','18001104','!*!Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team. ','Full-time','United States-Indiana-Fort Wayne','Homecare','!*!What You Will Do:
As a home health occupational therapist, you will provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their home using a comprehensive and patient specific care plan, innovative solutions, and a preferred technology for point of care documentation. You will have the opportunity to spend quality time with the patient, in their own home, to promote their health and independence. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.
• Collaborate with physicians, patients and their families, nurses, therapists, social workers and other members of the patient care team to develop and implement a patient specific care and treatment plan
• Cooperatively utilize varied solutions to educate and promote the health and independence of the patient
• Assess, monitor, document and report progress of patient's health and condition using required documents, reports and established timelines
• Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and occupational therapy assistants','!*! Required:
• Current and unencumbered license to practice occupational therapy specific to the state the therapist is assigned to work by the Company• Successful completion of an occupational therapy program at a school of occupational therapy approved by the American Occupational Therapy Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of American Medical Association or the committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association. • Current CPR certification • Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to perform home visits
• One year of OT experience preferred. If less than 1 year experience then approval from regional clinical leaders required as well as appropriate mentoring and/or residency program established.','!*!Additional Qualifications:
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.','!*!Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees
','false','','false','Occupational Therapist - Full Time
Website : http://www.amedisys.com
Amedisys is a leading home health and hospice care company focused on bringing home the continuum of care. We deliver personalized home health and hospice care to thousands of patients and their families, in the comfort of their own homes. Our care teams deliver personalized home health and hospice care to approximately 380,000 patients each year. Amedisys is a post-acute care partner to more than 2,233 hospitals and 61,900 physicians across the country. We provide the care that is best for our patients, whether that is home-based recovery and rehabilitation after an operation or injury, care focused on empowering them to manage a chronic disease, palliative care for those with a terminal illness, or hospice care at the end of life. Amedisys is a recognized innovator, being one of the first in the industry to equip its clinicians with point-of-care laptop technology and referring physicians with an internet portal that enables real-time coordination of patient care seamlessly. Amedisys also has the industry's first-ever nationwide Care Transitions program, designed to reduce unnecessary hospital readmissions through patient and caregiver health coaching and care coordination, which starts in the hospital and continues throughout completion of the patient's home health plan of care.