MGH INSTITUTE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
Bulfinch Temporary Service is currently look for a Physical or Occupational Therapist Research Assistant. The position begins ASAP and is ongoing. It is approximately 18 hours per week, with flexible scheduling. Please note this position is temporary in nature and not eligible for benefits.
SUMMARY OF MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
The Brain Recovery Lab at the MGH Institute of Health Professions in partnership with the MGH Neurotechnoloy and Neurorecovery Center in Boston, MA has an immediate opening for multiple part-time research physical or occupational therapists to work on an industry-sponsored pivotal clinical trial involving neuromodulation combined with rehabilitation for the treatment of upper extremity hemiparesis secondary to stroke. The position will work closely with the lab director and several co-investigators throughout MGH. Focus of work will be either 1) testing or 2) treating patients with stroke with novel rehabilitation protocol. All training will be provided.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Perform standardized tests or task-specific upper extremity rehabilitation to patients with upper extremity hemiparesis post stroke.
2) Maintain study-specific regulatory documents
3) Work with study coordinator for study scheduling
4) Train and mentor lab colleagues
5) Participate in lab meetings
9) Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates with degree in physical or occupational therapy and experience in treating patients with upper extremity impairments and strong desire to be a part of an interdisciplinary research team.
SKILLS/ ABILITIES/ COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
Experience working with patient populations
Willing to learn new software applications
Willing to follow treatment protocol
Strong attention to detail
Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
Ability to express self well verbally and in writing
Experience in clinical trial research
Experience in stroke rehabilitation
c) Physical Capabilities
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, and walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and talk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some travel is necessary in this position .
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Partners Healthcare System Inc. is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
MGH INSTITUTE OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
Website : http://www.mghihp.edu/
MGH Institute of Health Professions is an innovative, interdisciplinary graduate school that prepares skilled health care specialists in Communication Sciences and Disorders, Medical Imaging, Nursing, and Physical Therapy. An independent affiliate of the world-renowned Massachusetts General Hospital, the MGH Institute operates within Partners HealthCare, offering unparalleled opportunities for students to learn and work alongside expert practitioners in a variety of hospital, clinical, and community settings.