**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
To provide evaluation and treatment to students in need of school based therapy.
- Provide evaluation upon a referral request from the screening team. The evaluations are initiated only with parental consent.
- Attend student staffing and IEP meetings to discuss pertinent information collected throughout the assessment process.
- Implement annual and short-term goals for each student on their caseload as part of the IEP process according to district policies.
- Provide educationally relevant therapy to students, as necessary, on a scheduled basis.
- Write treatment programs for individual students as needed. This includes instruction in the program for all persons involved with that student.
- Provide progress reports and notes on each child as indicated.
- Re-assess students as indicated throughout the school year.
- Accompany parents and students to medical clinics, when indicated, to be the medial liaison for parents and teachers.
- Supervise COTA’s, CPTA’s and paraeducators as assigned.
- Supervise therapy students from various accreditation programs.
- Maintain confidentiality following the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and Kansas City, Kansas Board of Education policies.
- Ability to work an 8 hour duty day in the location or locations assigned by the supervisor.
- Physical and emotional ability to perform required work and move about as needed in the fast-paced, highly intensive school environment.
- Maintain a neat and appropriate appearance.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Meets the employment qualifications set forth by the Kansas City, Kansas Board of Education and the Kansas State Department of Education.
- Holds or is eligible for certification by the Kansas State Board of Healing Arts.
- Maintains professional attitude with students, families and staff.
Communication / Organization:
Maintains communication with school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the educational needs of students. Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to read and analyze and interpret general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, general curriculum and learning theories, correspondence, and protocols. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of administrators, staff, parents, students, and the general public.
Terms of Employment:
Based on KCKPS Salary Schedule
Coordinator for Data, Finance, OT/PT, Adaptive Music, Adaptive P.E. and Homebound
Evaluation will be conducted in accordance with the procedures outlined by the USD 500 Board of Education
TBD (to be determined)
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on the Apply Now button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education America Network.
The job posting above from **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Kansas. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. in their postings.