Join a Leader in Geriatric Home Health & Become a Senior Advocate....
It's all about helping people achieve more!
SunCrest OMNI Home Health is a proud member of Almost Family, a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. Our Senior Advocacy Mission raises the bar with programs designed to achieve better outcomes for our patients. For over 30 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Why consider choosing a career with us? Because we are committed to helping you achieve your goals. As a member of our Senior Advocacy Care Team, we are confident you will achieve more for your career with industry-leading specialty programs that enhance care and promote better outcomes for patients. You will enjoy the support of a progressive group along with great benefits, competitive pay, and flexible schedule options to fit your lifestyle. If a long tradition of world-class caring is important to you, consider joining our team. You'll feel right at home.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Staff Occupational Therapist provides a wide range of occupational therapy services to patients in the home care setting. A primary focus is patient assessment, quality care, monitoring of patient stats and compliance, teaching of patients and caregivers and discharge planning. All care delivered is based on the Standards of Practice for the particular state and must be in compliance with company policy and regulatory requirements.
1. Follows the established patient plan of care. Provides input to the Clinical Manager and/or Branch Director and other professional staff members involved in the case regarding identified changes in client condition or identified needs.
2. Secures necessary information from patients to verify appropriate payor source and ensure continued coverage as assigned.
3. Performs occupational therapy assessment (initial and ongoing) per company policy and establishes appropriate frequency of visits and services for patients based on these assessments.
4. Maintains excellent assessment skills and clinical knowledge and expertise.
5. Performs treatments and procedures according to company policy and occupational therapy practice standards.
6. Performs home safety assessment to identify potential safety hazards and instructs patient/caregiver in corrective safety measures.
7. Establishes an appropriate individualized home exercise program for each patient.
8. Notifies the physician and branch management of significant changes in patient status and obtains change orders as necessary.
9. Assumes responsibility for ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of patient.
10. Develops and evaluates the Plan of Care in partnership with patient, representative, and caregiver.
11. Communicates with all physicians involved in Plan of Care and other health care practitioners related to the current Plan of Care.
12. Completes visit notes thoroughly with emphasis on documenting skilled services provided and homebound status documentation.
13. Submits notes and Daily Visit Records on timely basis in conjunction with branch policy.
14. Performs supervisory visits in accordance with policy.
15. Maintains established productivity standards on a regular basis.
16. Assists in orientation for new employees as assigned.
17. Exhibits strong documentation skills and assures that client documentation is in compliant with branch and regulatory policy.
18. Participates in data collection for Quality Improvement by reporting complaints, making pertinent suggestions to improve efficiency, customer service, customer satisfaction and/or cost containment. Participates in the QAPI program.
19. Follows organizational policies and procedures regarding infection control, disposal of hazardous waste and use of protective devices as evidenced by documentation and the absence of related incident reports.
20. Supports the principles of the Corporate Compliance Program, attend orientation and in-service updates.
21. All other duties as assigned.
1. Must be licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state(s) of practice.
2. Home care experience preferred.
3. A minimum of one (1) year experience as an Occupational Therapist is required.
4. Must have exceptional customer service skills and be able to communicate well with referral sources, patients, family members, and branch employees.
5. Must have/maintain a valid driver’s license and auto liability insurance.
6. Possess the ability to transfer, maneuver and lift incapacitated patients in the home with or without reasonable accommodation.
7. Must be flexible with work schedule.
If you have a passion for seniors, a special place awaits you on our Senior Advocacy Team!
Apply for this job at https://almostfamily.contacthr.com/60518588
View More Almost Family Jobs
Website : http://www.almostfamily.com
Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFAM) founded in 1976, is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services, with over 150 locations in 11 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate two segments: Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries; and Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services. Almost Family's services are generally covered by federal and state government programs, commercial insurance and private pay.