The Judge Group, INC
As an RN or LVN/LPN currently licensed to practice in the state of employment, manages Occupational Health activities and is responsible for direct care of Partners according to medical directives, policies/procedures and physician standing orders and within the scope of practice and regulation of the State Nurse Practice Act. Directs, administers, supervises, and evaluates site occupational health service department with professional expertise and administrative leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
•Develops and maintains an efficient occupational health care process appropriate to the needs of the facility with respect to size and nature of work activities.
• Manages Occupational Health staff and ensures standardized application of policy and quality of nursing care. Ensures adherence to health management protocols, medical directives, policies and procedures, and physician standing orders while following guidelines indicated by Occupational Health Manual.
• Ensures that appropriate documentation of care provided meets legal requirements and provides continuity of care. Adheres to HIPAA and partner confidentiality to ensure compliance of confidentiality of Partners' personal information. Establishes, maintains, and reviews a recordkeeping system that ensures confidentiality. Adheres to all state and federal regulations including OSHA, Worker's Compensation, etc. Maintains OSHA log.
• Utilizes cost containment measures in department activities. Conducts functions within scope of quality of care and utilization of cost containment measures.
• Provides compassionate, quality care to Partners. Provides observation, care, and counsel for Partners with illness or injuries including assessment, first aid, follow-up care, rehabilitation service, and case management.
• Coordinates all worker's compensation management including compliance with requirements of state worker's compensation regulations, reporting all cases that require outside medical care to third party administrator (TPA), and initiation of internal case. Conducts tasks in a professional and effective manner and within legal, ethical, and moral standards of care.
• Schedules health assessments and evaluations of Partners for return-to-work, fitness for duty, and medical surveillance in accordance with health management and safety protocols and the authorized physician's written directives.
• Performs drug and alcohol tests in accordance to company drug and alcohol program while ensuring compliance of departmental staff.
• Other duties as assigned
• Delivers direct care for Partners at site according to medical directives within the scope of practice and regulations of the State Nurse Practice Act in the applied state. Adheres to health management policies, protocols, medical directives, and physician standing orders according to scope of practice.
• May require availability outside normal business hours.
• May require travel.
Duties include general scheduling and review of work as a 'working supervisor' or lead person. Will supervise less than 2 FTE's.
Decisions require detailed analysis and consideration of various factors to develop creative solutions.
IMPACT OF DECISIONS:
Decisions will have a significant impact on the work area/department.
Work is substantially complex and varied and requires the interpretation of technical and detailed guidelines, policies, and procedures in combination. Analytic ability is required to gather and interpret data to provide solutions after carefully analyzing several facts.
Solves problems, but decisions are varied based upon judgment for particular situation. The partner must apply theory and practical application to resolve problems.
FREEDOM OF ACTION:
Works under general direction from broad goals and policies only. May participate heavily in setting one's own objectives.
; Internal communication is required on a daily basis with Clerical or Technical and Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires considerable explanation and influence on complex issues (e.g., problem-solving skills in the areas of responsibilities, finance and/or work flow). Must be diplomatic and adaptable to various communication styles.
; External communication is required on a weekly basis with Professional or Supervisor level positions. Communication requires considerable explanation and influence on complex issues (e.g., problem-solving skills in the areas of responsibilities, finance and/or work flow). Must be diplomatic and adaptable to various communication styles.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
High School Diploma or GED
Typically requires 1 year of experience for RN and at least 6 years of experience for LVN/LPN.
Careers.org gives you access to over a million jobs and career opportunities across the US including in Dumas. Find your perfect job and apply directly through a simply online application process
The Judge Group, INC
Website : http://www.judge.com/
Working at the crossroads of people and transformative technologies, The Judge Group delivers innovative business solutions - powered by top talent - to help organizations reach their strategic goals and realize opportunities now and in the future. The Judge Group is a leading professional services firm specializing in technology, talent, and learning solutions. Our services are successfully delivered through a network of more than 35 offices in the United States, Canada, China, and India. The Judge Group serves more than 40 Fortune 100 companies and is responsible for the placement of more than 5,000 professionals annually across a wide range of industries.