St. Vincent's Home Health
St. Vincent’s Home Health has a
Full Time Occupational Therapist
opportunity in Birmingham!
We’re Proud to Offer:
* Outstanding Pay *
* Health Benefits Including Medical, Dental, Vision *
* Life Insurance *
* ST/LT Disability Coverage *
* Tuition Reimbursement *
* 401K Match *
* Generous PTO Accrual *
* Room for Professional Growth *
* Mileage Reimbursement *
* Extensive Training Program *
* Company-Paid Tablet & Cell Phone *
* Positive Work/Life Balance *
* Exceptionally Supportive Leadership *
If you're seeking a fulfilling career in a caring environment, we would love to hear from you!
A licensed professional who provides coordinated care to patients of all age groups. Plans, implements, and evaluates patients care plans to restore or maintain patient well-being. Evaluated occupational roles and occupational performance of patients with physical, psychosocial and/or cognitive impairments. Provides intervention to deficits and elicits responses. Collaborates with interdisciplinary team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides care utilizing infection control measures that protect both the staff and the patient (OSHA)
• Demonstrates commitment, professional growth, and competency; i.e., attending in-services, as required by regulation; participates in in-service programs
• Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients
• Monitors assigned cases to ensure compliance with requirements of third party payors
• Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members, physician, and other health care professionals to ensure coordination of services; provides appropriate referrals, as necessary
• Performs initial and ongoing clinical assessments (Agency/OASIS); evaluates sensory-motor neuromuscular, psychosocial, and cognitive-perceptual components of occupational behavior. Assesses physical, social, safety, and cultural components of the patient’s occupational environment. Teaches client/family disease process and treatments needed. Fabricates and maintains adaptive equipment and hand splints
• Performs and oversees other team members, when applicable, in the performance of patient care that is consistent with patients’ needs and desires, including home health aide and COTA supervision
• Documents, prepares, and completes a Plan of Care, progress notes, phone orders, and other clinical record documentation on an ongoing basis, including identification of therapy barriers and desired outcomes and goal setting; revises the POC based on evaluation and ongoing assessment data; plans for discharge of patients
• Bachelor of Science in Occupational Therapy
• Current State License as an Occupational Therapist (OT)
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Current CPR, negative TB screen and Hepatitis consent/declination
Knowledge and Skills:
• Therapy skills as defined as generally accepted standards of practice.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of durable medical equipment
St. Vincent's Home Health