The Ensign Group, Inc.
I. JOB SUMMARY
The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant employed or contracted through the Organization is responsible to the registered Occupational Therapist that is responsible for the implementation of standards of care for occupational therapy services and for adherence to all conditions outlined in the Service Agreement. The certified occupational therapy assistant performs only those services planned, delegated, and supervised by the registered Occupational Therapist.
II. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Participates in the ongoing evaluation of patient’s functional status (muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills, self-care ability, work capacity, etc.) as delegated by the registered occupational therapist. Participates in the ongoing evaluation of the home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living as delegated by the registered occupational therapist.
2. Participates in teaching new skills or retraining patients in once familiar daily activities that have been lost due to illness or injury, in accordance with organization policy.
3. Maintains appropriate clinical records, clinical notes, and reports to the registered occupational therapist any changes in the patient’s condition.
4. Submits clinical documentation in accordance with Organization policy.
5. Follows treatment program and goals for improved patient function as established by the registered occupational therapist. Documents patient’s response to treatment plan and progress toward established goals.
6. Maintains contact/communication with other personnel involved in the patient’s care to promote coordinated, efficient care. Documents such communication in accordance with Organization policy.
7. Attends and contributes to in services, case conferences, and other meetings as required by Organization policy to ensure coordinated and comprehensive plans of care for the patients of the Organization.
8. Identifies patient and family/caregiver needs for other home care services. Consults with the supervising registered occupational therapist and assists with necessary referrals, as appropriate.
9. Participates in instructing patient’s family/caregiver and other Organization health care personnel in patient’s treatment regime as delegated by the registered occupational therapist.
10. Is supervised by the registered occupational therapist no less than every thirty days. Documentation in the clinical record will reflect ongoing communication between the registered occupational therapist and certified occupational therapy assistant, the patient’s condition, the patient’s response to services provided by the assistant, any need to change the plan of care, and patient outcomes.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by the employee of this job. The employee may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Islands Home Health
2601 M Ave, Ste B
Anacortes, WA. 98221
The employer for this position is stated in the job posting. Ensign Services, Inc. provides recruiting services for operations in the skilled nursing, assisted living, home health and hospice industries.
Back to Jobs
The Ensign Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.ensigngroup.net/
It’s time for you to get the care you need, and when you’re in our hands, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best there is. We strive every day to be the skilled nursing facility of choice in our community, so we make sure that each day you spend with us is filled with the caliber of service that will make your stay comfortable, safe and therapeutic. The entire staff will know you by name, and each day when we greet you, we’ll ask you how you are, and whether there is anything we can do for you. We never forget that you’re our valued guest, and the reason we’re here! And remember, if you have a special request, please don’t hesitate to ask. That’s why we’re here – for you!