Marthas Vineyard Hospital (MVH)
Provide occupational therapy services to patients who have impairments, functional limitations or disabilities resulting from injury, disease or other causes. Position is primarily responsible for hand therapy outpatient caseload. Practice in collaboration with other members of interdisciplinary team. Educate patients, families and others. Direct and supervise support personnel.
* Occupational Therapy needs are assessed and evaluated according to organizational and professional guidelines.
* Treatment plan reflects understanding of patients age and situation including discharge plan.
* Treatment plan is revised based on patient progress towards stated goals.
* Documentation is complete, timely and in accordance with facility and practice guidelines.
* Therapy and health care students are oriented, trained and mentored to achieve stated performance expectations.
* Performance Improvement opportunities are identified and acted upon as appropriate to implement best practices.
* Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
SKILLS (Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
* BLS required.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills with the English language.
* Basic skills in math and computer science.
* Appropriate knowledge occupational therapy evaluation and treatment techniques to manage the rehabilitation population.
* Effective problem solving skills for occupational therapy evaluation, interpretation, treatment planning and execution taking into consideration patients age, psychosocial, cultural and religious background.
* Basic skills in teaching other and self assessment of learning needs, strengths, and professional goals.
* Safely execute all job responsibilities without risking injury to self or patients. Ability to assess and interact with patients and families using the theories of human growth and development, family systems, and cultural background.
* Maintain variable work schedule depending on hospital/program needs to provide patient care (evening, holidays, weekend and travel).
* Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
* Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
* Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
* High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
* Attention to detail.
* Graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
* Licensed (and in good standing) as an occupational therapist in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* 3 years of inpatient acute, acute rehab, outpatient and/or SNF experience required.
* 1 year of direct patient care hand therapy experience required
* CHT preferred.
Life is good on the Vineyard. Work at a stunning facility, in an amazing community, with housing assistance. Marthas Vineyard Hospital is pleased to offer housing assistance as needed to a candidate seeking temporary employment with housing on Marthas Vineyard. Marthas Vineyard Hospital and Windemere Nursing & Rehabilitation Center are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.